Eirene Evripidou was born in London and is originally from Cyprus. She grew up in Athens and later moved to London for her studies.
She is a graduate of King’s College London (KCL) with a degree in Modern Greek Studies and a minor in Applied Computing (Digital Humanities/Humanities Computing) and a Masters in Digital Culture and Technology. She later continued her studies in the same subject (Digital Humanities) at the University College London (UCL).
She started her professional career in 2006 participating in research projects at the Centre for Computing in the Humanities (CCH) of Kings College London. Upon her return to Greece, she worked in digitization projects as well as in the Marketing and Communication Department of PwC and later as a web-developer in Sprint advertising company. In early 2015, she intensively started to plan the launch of the Evripides Art Gallery in the heart of Athens, aiming to promote mostly Greek painting, sculpture and photography. She is currently working at the gallery (general management/communication & media).
From an early age, Eirene Evripidou showed great interest in art, especially in poetry. The result of this preoccupation was expressed in her first poetry collection entitled “Glass Roses”, which was released in December of 2011 by the publishing house Aiolos. This collection includes poems which she wrote during her studies. Her second collection of poems, titled “Reveries (of a moon)”, was released in September 2016, also by Aiolos Publications.
Apart from poetry, her interests include photography and coding for the web.
In 2014, she presented the macro photography exhibition «Urban contradiction» at the Michael Cacoyiannis Foundation and published a book featuring her photographs. Her work was also exhibited at the Evripides Gallery from 15 June to 29 July 2017.
- art22 – 18/07/2017
- art scene athens – 04/07/2017
- KoolNews.gr – 16/02/2017
- rpntv.gr – 30/09/2016
- axiaplus.gr – 17/06/2016
- Εφημερίδα ΑΞΙΑ – 11/06/2016
- Κοσμική Ζωή – Πρόσωπα και Ιστορίες – 03/09/2017
- Ονειροπολήσεις – Βραδυνή της Κυριακής – 02/09/2017
- “Όταν η φωτογραφία μετουσιώνεται σε ποίηση” – ΕΠΙΚΑΙΡΑ – 07/07/2017
- «Ονειροπολήσεις ενός Φεγγαριού»:… – Φιλελεύθερος – 21/06/2017
- Παρουσιάσθηκε η ποιητική συλλογή της Ειρήνης… – protothema.gr – 20/06/2017
- Όταν η ποίηση είναι ζωγραφική με λέξεις – Εφημερίδα ΑΞΙΑ – 17/06/2017
- Με μεγάλη επιτυχία έγινε η παρουσίαση… – tlife.gr – 14/6/2017
* * * * * * * * * * * * *